Feeling depress this year? You’re not alone

first_img Pinterest Google+ Feeling depress this year? You’re not alone Facebook (Photo supplied/Pixabay) Have you felt more stressed or depressed this year? You’re not alone.Carter Cramer, a psychiatric nurse practitioner at IU Health, says he’s seen an increase in the number of patients in 2020, and there’s many reasons for that.“With social distancing, people feel more isolated. People are more couped up in the house,” he said. “Some have lost their jobs, we’ve seen that too, in terms of patients presenting, and being incredibly worried about, how they’re going to afford their finances.”Cramer says more patients are coming in worried about the future too.“All of the unknowns of what is to come and how this will play out, plus they fear for their own health and how that could play out as well,” he said.There are many tips and advice Cramer is giving his patients, starting with taking life one day at a time, and not getting ahead of yourself. He adds that you should work on not thinking “worst case scenario” for everything.For those that have been stuck inside the house for the last four months, he suggests getting outside, enjoying the summer weather for a little bit, and maybe trying a new hobby.“Get creative,” he said. “That could be doing a puzzle, cooking, gardening, or getting a project done around the house.”Cramer also encourages you to exercise, even if it’s just taking a walk or doing a few pushups, and make sure you eat healthy.“Maybe you’re eating some junky food, which might feel good for ten minutes, but ultimately, it probably won’t help you feel any better. It can actually make your depression worse,” he said.Another reason more people are feeling stressed, depressed or angry is the news and constant conversations dominating our country. Cramer says it’s okay to take a break from the news.“A lot of my patients get upset about what they’re seeing on the news, and I think that brings on a lot of anxiety and panic attacks,” he said. “You can consume what you need to be an informed citizen, but don’t spend all day looking at that.”Cramer also says it doesn’t mean you have to delete your social media apps, mostly because Facebook, Twitter or Instagram can be a good thing.“They’re a wonderful source to converse with others, especially in these times, when we’re not really seeing people face-to-face as we normally do,” he said. “Definitely for our younger people, because that’s how they communicate, that’s how they get their news.” By Network Indiana – July 15, 2020 0 284 CoronavirusIndianaLocalNews Twitter Google+ Pinterest Twitter WhatsApp Facebook WhatsApp Previous articleBerrien County Health Dept. introduces COVID tool for employersNext articleWednesday is tax deadline day Network Indianalast_img read more

Detailed guide: Healthcare for UK nationals living in Norway

first_img making contributions to the National Insurance Scheme through their employer or as a self-employed person using a UK passport for temporary stays taking out private health insurance registering a UK-issued S1 form with the National Insurance Scheme You may also be entitled to an S1 form if you’re a frontier worker (someone who works in one state and lives in another). You must contact HMRC National Insurance enquiries to find out if you’re eligible.Once you have an S1 form, you must register it on the Norwegian system.This will mean you and your dependants will be entitled to healthcare in Norway on the same basis as a Norwegian citizen.You’ll also get: Healthcare if you live and work in NorwayYou must register as a resident if you’re living in Norway for more than 3 months.Once you’re a resident, you’re entitled to state healthcare on the same basis as a Norwegian citizen.If you’re employed or self-employed, you’ll make contributions to the National Insurance Scheme.Once you’re a resident you may also be entitled to a Norwegian European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) for travel.If you were living Norway before 1 January 2021If you started living in Norway before 1 January 2021, your rights to access healthcare in Norway will stay the same for as long as you remain resident.This means you may also be entitled to: Stay up to dateThis guidance will be updated if anything changes to how you get state healthcare in Norway.Sign up for email alerts Dependants and family members may be classified differently in Norway than the UK.Check with the local authorities when you register your S1 form.How to get an S1 formIf you have a UK State Pension, you must request an application form by phone from NHS Overseas Healthcare Services. Not all UK benefits that can be claimed while abroad entitle you to UK-funded healthcare. Read more about claiming benefits if you move abroad or contact Jobcentre Plus to ask about a benefit. How to use an S1 form in NorwayYou must register your S1 with the Norwegian state healthcare service Helfo. Send your S1 form to: This information is about living in Norway. There’s different guidance if you’re visiting Norway.If you started living in Norway before 1 January 2021, your rights to access healthcare in Norway will stay the same for as long as you remain resident.This guidance explains what you need to do in Norway depending on your circumstances.Anyone registered as a resident in Norway has a right to access the Norwegian state healthcare system.State healthcare in Norway is not completely free. Healthcare costs are covered by both the state and through patient contributions (user fees).UK nationals usually access the Norwegian healthcare system (called Helfo) in one of these ways: Give your Norwegian ID number each time you access healthcare. This will prove that you’re an S1 holder and are entitled to healthcare on the same basis as a Norwegian citizen.Studying in NorwayYou can use your UK passport to access healthcare in Norway on the same basis as a Norwegian citizen.Getting treatment in the UKSome former UK residents do not have to pay for NHS treatment when visiting England. This includes UK nationals who started living in Norway before 1 January 2021.Read more about healthcare when you no longer live in the UK.If you return to live in the UK you’ll be able to use the NHS like any other UK resident.Read more about using the NHS when you return to live in the UK.center_img How to registerYou first need to register as a resident in Norway. You’ll receive a Norwegian ID number. This is the same number you’ll use for healthcare access.If you’re employed, your employer will sign you up to the National Insurance Scheme automatically. You’ll make contributions through your payroll.If you’re self-employed, you first need to register your business on the national register (website in Norwegian). You can then sign up to the National Insurance Scheme.Once you’ve joined you’ll be able to access healthcare services through the Norwegian state healthcare system, Helfo.Give your Norwegian ID number when you register with a GP and each time you have an appointment.To be referred to a specialist you need to see your GP first.How much you’ll payState healthcare in Norway is not completely free. You may have to pay some of the cost of any treatment.Find out how much you’ll need to pay for health servicesIf you’re a hospital inpatient, treatment is free. There are charges for outpatient treatment.If you have an occupational health injury, Helfo may cover the full cost of your treatment.Dentists and dental hygienist fees will vary as they can set their own prices.Once you’ve spent a certain amount on state healthcare in a calendar year, you can get an exemption card (‘frikort’).Your exemption card means the National Insurance Scheme will cover most of your user fees for the rest of the calendar year.If your UK employer has sent you to Norway temporarily (‘posted workers’)A posted worker, also known as a detached worker, is someone employed or self-employed in the UK, but temporarily sent to a European Economic Area (EEA) country.You can use your UK passport or registered S1 form to access healthcare in Norway on the same basis as a Norwegian citizen.HMRC has a helpline for National Insurance enquiries from non-UK residents. They can answer questions about posted worker status and explain which documents you will need to get healthcare while posted.UK-funded healthcare: using an S1 form in NorwayThere’s different guidance if you have an S1 as a posted worker.If you started living in Norway before 1 January 2021, you may be entitled to state healthcare paid for by the UK if you’re a Norwegian resident and receive either: a UK-issued EHIC for travel planned treatments in the EEA a UK State Pension some other ‘exportable benefits’ NHS Overseas Healthcare Services Telephone: +44 (0)191 218 1999Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pmSaturday, 9am to 3pm HelfoPostboks 24153104 Tønsberg a Norwegian EHIC for travel, including visits to the UK a UK S1 if you start drawing a UK State Pensionlast_img read more

Report shows young less keen to use freezers

first_imgHalf of 18-34s (51%) tend to store frozen-bought food rather than homemade leftovers in the freezer, similar to over-35s (54%). A new survey has found that freezers are ‘neglected’ and have been dubbed ‘graveyards’ by younger consumers. The study by IGDShopperVista found that 18- to 34-year-olds are twice as likely to not like eating food that is stored in the freezer than over-35s (18% versus 8%). The survey also found many simply use freezers as a space to save meat that is soon to go past its use-by date or to store unwanted food gifts from relatives.The study was undertaken as part of research and training charity IGD’s new ‘Working on Waste’ campaign. Working in collaboration with WRAP, the campaign aims to help the food and grocery industry – which employs 3.6m people – educate employees on how to minimise food waste at home. Employees are being offered advice on portion planning, making the most of leftover food, utilising their freezer, education on best-before and use-by dates and the myth that food can go off before its use-by date.Joanne Denney-Finch, chief executive, IGD, said: “A lot of progress has been made already by companies across the industry to help consumers reduce household food waste. However, seven million tonnes of food and drink is still being thrown away by UK homes every year, costing consumers £12.5bn – so there’s more work to be done.“As an industry, we employ 3.6m people and it is these employees that will form the bedrock of our campaign, taking learnings from their company into their households. In its first year, Working on Waste will reach around 650,000 employees in one month through meal planning advice, top tips, what to do with leftovers and much more. And if we can inspire each of these employees to inform their friends and family on how to reduce food waste, the campaign’s impact will be felt far beyond this number.”The study also found that:One in seven (14% of) 18- to 34-year-olds complain about a lack of fridge storage space against just 9% of over-35s, while a quarter (26%) of 18-34s feel they have insufficient room in the freezer compared to 14% of over-35s18-34s are much more likely to store new food and drink at the front of fridge than over-35s (41% against 23%)Fewer 18-34s rate themselves as good at organising their fridge or cupboards than over-35s (55% against 63%) Some of the 18-34s surveyed did show an interest in using their freezer more effectively, either by buying a larger one, changing their usage or cooking meals specifically to store in it.last_img read more

Farmington man injured in motorcycle crash on Wilton Road

first_imgFARMINGTON – A local man is in critical condition this morning after his motorcycle left the roadway and struck a fire hydrant on the Wilton Road Monday afternoon.According to information released by the Farmington Police Department, a 2014 Harley Davidson operated by Brandon Bard, 21 of Farmington, was westbound on the Wilton Road Monday afternoon. Police say that Bard’s motorcycle had made a lane change after crossing Center Bridge when it lost control as it rounded the corner. The vehicle skidded on the ground toward the sidewalk, striking a fire hydrant and coming to rest on the sidewalk in front of Tire Warehouse.Bard became separated from his motorcycle and received facial injuries during the crash. Police reported that he was not wearing a helmet.Farmington police responded to the crash at approximately 4:26 p.m., with Officer Ryan Rosie acting as the lead officer. In addition to Farmington Fire Rescue, a number of bystanders assisted at the scene. Bard was transported to Franklin Memorial Hospital, prior to his transfer via LifeFlight to Central Maine Medical Center. A spokesperson for CMMC said Tuesday morning that Bard was in critical condition.According to police, the cause of the crash was Bard’s motorcycle traveling too fast for the conditions.The motorcycle was removed from the scene by a family friend, utilizing a trailer.last_img read more