Detailed guide: Healthcare for UK nationals living in Norway

first_img making contributions to the National Insurance Scheme through their employer or as a self-employed person using a UK passport for temporary stays taking out private health insurance registering a UK-issued S1 form with the National Insurance Scheme You may also be entitled to an S1 form if you’re a frontier worker (someone who works in one state and lives in another). You must contact HMRC National Insurance enquiries to find out if you’re eligible.Once you have an S1 form, you must register it on the Norwegian system.This will mean you and your dependants will be entitled to healthcare in Norway on the same basis as a Norwegian citizen.You’ll also get: Healthcare if you live and work in NorwayYou must register as a resident if you’re living in Norway for more than 3 months.Once you’re a resident, you’re entitled to state healthcare on the same basis as a Norwegian citizen.If you’re employed or self-employed, you’ll make contributions to the National Insurance Scheme.Once you’re a resident you may also be entitled to a Norwegian European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) for travel.If you were living Norway before 1 January 2021If you started living in Norway before 1 January 2021, your rights to access healthcare in Norway will stay the same for as long as you remain resident.This means you may also be entitled to: Stay up to dateThis guidance will be updated if anything changes to how you get state healthcare in Norway.Sign up for email alerts Dependants and family members may be classified differently in Norway than the UK.Check with the local authorities when you register your S1 form.How to get an S1 formIf you have a UK State Pension, you must request an application form by phone from NHS Overseas Healthcare Services. Not all UK benefits that can be claimed while abroad entitle you to UK-funded healthcare. Read more about claiming benefits if you move abroad or contact Jobcentre Plus to ask about a benefit. How to use an S1 form in NorwayYou must register your S1 with the Norwegian state healthcare service Helfo. Send your S1 form to: This information is about living in Norway. There’s different guidance if you’re visiting Norway.If you started living in Norway before 1 January 2021, your rights to access healthcare in Norway will stay the same for as long as you remain resident.This guidance explains what you need to do in Norway depending on your circumstances.Anyone registered as a resident in Norway has a right to access the Norwegian state healthcare system.State healthcare in Norway is not completely free. Healthcare costs are covered by both the state and through patient contributions (user fees).UK nationals usually access the Norwegian healthcare system (called Helfo) in one of these ways: Give your Norwegian ID number each time you access healthcare. This will prove that you’re an S1 holder and are entitled to healthcare on the same basis as a Norwegian citizen.Studying in NorwayYou can use your UK passport to access healthcare in Norway on the same basis as a Norwegian citizen.Getting treatment in the UKSome former UK residents do not have to pay for NHS treatment when visiting England. This includes UK nationals who started living in Norway before 1 January 2021.Read more about healthcare when you no longer live in the UK.If you return to live in the UK you’ll be able to use the NHS like any other UK resident.Read more about using the NHS when you return to live in the UK.center_img How to registerYou first need to register as a resident in Norway. You’ll receive a Norwegian ID number. This is the same number you’ll use for healthcare access.If you’re employed, your employer will sign you up to the National Insurance Scheme automatically. You’ll make contributions through your payroll.If you’re self-employed, you first need to register your business on the national register (website in Norwegian). You can then sign up to the National Insurance Scheme.Once you’ve joined you’ll be able to access healthcare services through the Norwegian state healthcare system, Helfo.Give your Norwegian ID number when you register with a GP and each time you have an appointment.To be referred to a specialist you need to see your GP first.How much you’ll payState healthcare in Norway is not completely free. You may have to pay some of the cost of any treatment.Find out how much you’ll need to pay for health servicesIf you’re a hospital inpatient, treatment is free. There are charges for outpatient treatment.If you have an occupational health injury, Helfo may cover the full cost of your treatment.Dentists and dental hygienist fees will vary as they can set their own prices.Once you’ve spent a certain amount on state healthcare in a calendar year, you can get an exemption card (‘frikort’).Your exemption card means the National Insurance Scheme will cover most of your user fees for the rest of the calendar year.If your UK employer has sent you to Norway temporarily (‘posted workers’)A posted worker, also known as a detached worker, is someone employed or self-employed in the UK, but temporarily sent to a European Economic Area (EEA) country.You can use your UK passport or registered S1 form to access healthcare in Norway on the same basis as a Norwegian citizen.HMRC has a helpline for National Insurance enquiries from non-UK residents. They can answer questions about posted worker status and explain which documents you will need to get healthcare while posted.UK-funded healthcare: using an S1 form in NorwayThere’s different guidance if you have an S1 as a posted worker.If you started living in Norway before 1 January 2021, you may be entitled to state healthcare paid for by the UK if you’re a Norwegian resident and receive either: a UK-issued EHIC for travel planned treatments in the EEA a UK State Pension some other ‘exportable benefits’ NHS Overseas Healthcare Services Telephone: +44 (0)191 218 1999Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pmSaturday, 9am to 3pm HelfoPostboks 24153104 Tønsberg a Norwegian EHIC for travel, including visits to the UK a UK S1 if you start drawing a UK State Pensionlast_img read more

Marshfield Bakery unveils turnover success

first_imgWiltshire-based Marshfield Bakery has revealed it has boosted its turnover by 155% from £700k to £2m over the past three years, having received support from the Manufacturing Advisory Service (MAS).It has also launched 13 new products over the same period, and has taken on an additional 22 staff, after developing an innovation strategy to capitalise on opportunities to enter new markets.Chris Smith, director, Marshfield Bakery, said: “We needed support in looking at things from a different angle in terms of the development of the business, how to prioritise our ideas and accommodate anticipated growth.” He said MAS helped the business to map out areas it could focus on such as identifying key process bottlenecks, and addressing capacity and process planning.MAS helped the bakery develop a long-term plan that would meet future demand, it said.Marshfield has also been involved with IGD’s Feeding Britain’s Future initiative, which aims to bring the food and grocery industry together to offer 10,000 UK-wide opportunities to unemployed 16- to 24-year-olds during Skills for Work Month in September.Last year it offered two apprenticeship opportunities at its bakery, and it now runs regular pre-employment workshops for 18 to 23-year-olds, in conjunction with Jobcentre Plus, as a result of taking part in 2012.last_img read more