Community News EVENTS & ENTERTAINMENT | FOOD & DRINK | THE ARTS | REAL ESTATE | HOME & GARDEN | WELLNESS | SOCIAL SCENE | GETAWAYS | PARENTS & KIDS Methodist Hospital of Southern California in Arcadia is one of only 102 hospitals in the country to receive a five-star rating awarded by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services for providing high quality, safe, effective care to patients.Members of the hospital held a press conference at Pasadena’s dusitD2 Constance Hotel Tuesday to discuss the award that placed Methodist Hospital in the top two percent of hospitals nationally and the only one in L.A County to receive that rating.“We are truly honored to be the only hospital in Los Angeles County to receive this prestigious five-star rating from Medicare,” said Dan Ausman, President and CEO at Methodist Hospital. “We are extremely proud of our doctors, nurses, and staff for helping Methodist Hospital earn this extraordinary recognition for providing excellent patient care.”Medicare’s overall star rating summarizes up to 64 quality measures reflecting common conditions that hospitals treat, such as heart attacks or pneumonia. The overall rating shows how well a hospital performed, on average, compared to other hospitals in the U.S, according to a press release.“Methodist has traditionally been rated as a four star hospital and this year, for the first time, we have been rated a five-star hospital,” said Ausman.Methodist Hospital is one of nine hospitals in California to be rated five stars with the most common rating being three stars.“It’s really a credit to our physicians, clinical staff, the support of our hospital board, the leadership of our medical staff and the foundation board for the resources they have provided for us to be able to provide great clinical care and great technology that enables us to provide a very safe environment for our patients,” said Ausman.The hospital was founded in 1903 and offers advanced cardiovascular and neuro-interventional services, including cardiac catheterization, open heart surgery, neurosurgery, and clot removal for stroke. Los Angeles County has designated Methodist Hospital as both a heart attack and stroke receiving center as well as an Emergency Department Approved for Pediatrics.More than 57,000 patients were treated in the Emergency Department last year with more than 16,000 patient admissions and 25,000 outpatient visits to the hospital alone, according to a press release.“Good doctors are looking for good hospitals and good hospitals are looking for good doctors and we’ve got a great match here,” said Methodist Hospital Foundation Board of Directors Chairman Sherry Wang.Earlier this year, Methodist Hospital was also recognized by The SafeCare Group as part of their 100 SafeCare Hospitals listing where the hospital ranked number eight in the nation among hospitals with more than 400 beds for providing high quality, safe care to patients.“The hospital continues to give back to the community in terms of new services, ensuring our patients don’t have to leave the Arcadia and San Gabriel Valley area to go other hospitals,” said Ausman.For more information on Medicare’s Hospital Overall Star Ratings initiative, go to www.medicare.gov/hospitalcompareFor more information about Methodist Hospital of Southern California, visit www.methodisthospital.org. Top of the News Business News 3 recommended0 commentsShareShareTweetSharePin it First Heatwave Expected Next Week Name (required) Mail (required) (not be published) Website More Cool Stuff Community News Pasadena’s ‘626 Day’ Aims to Celebrate City, Boost Local Economy Community News Methodist Hospital of Southern California Honored as One of the Best Hospitals in the Nation From STAFF REPORTS Published on Tuesday, September 20, 2016 | 6:32 pm Home of the Week: Unique Pasadena Home Located on Madeline Drive, Pasadena HerbeautyWhat Is It That Actually Makes French Women So Admirable?HerbeautyHerbeautyHerbeauty6 Lies You Should Stop Telling Yourself Right NowHerbeautyHerbeautyHerbeautyA Mental Health Chatbot Which Helps People With DepressionHerbeautyHerbeautyHerbeautyStop Eating Read Meat (Before It’s Too Late)HerbeautyHerbeautyHerbeauty5 Things To Avoid If You Want To Have Whiter TeethHerbeautyHerbeautyHerbeautyHere Is What Scientists Say Will Happen When You Eat AvocadosHerbeautyHerbeauty Subscribe Pasadena Will Allow Vaccinated People to Go Without Masks in Most Settings Starting on Tuesday Get our daily Pasadena newspaper in your email box. Free.Get all the latest Pasadena news, more than 10 fresh stories daily, 7 days a week at 7 a.m. Make a comment faithfernandez More » ShareTweetShare on Google+Pin on PinterestSend with WhatsApp,Donald CommunityPCC- COMMUNITYVirtual Schools PasadenaHomes Solve Community/Gov/Pub SafetyPasadena Public WorksPASADENA EVENTS & ACTIVITIES CALENDARClick here for Movie Showtimes Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Email WhatsApp Advertisement Previous articleCo-located hospital approved planningNext articleNAMA totally dishonest – UL economist admin Twitter THE second phase of the winding down of the Dell plant at Raheen will see upwards of 400 workers laid off this week, bringing the total to 850 over the last eight weeks. One non national employee, who did not wish to be identified, told the Post that morale at the plant was very low at the moment. “There is a lot of talk about the task force which was recently set up, but if one is to be honest about it, there is little likelihood of jobs being found in the immediate future for those of us who have been made redundant”.Sign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up There are over 1,100 still employed at Dell, but the vast majority will be on the dole by the end of the year.A Limerick businessman maintains the impact has yet to be felt.“It is only from now on that people will realise the full implications of what is happening at Dell. Remember, suppliers are also affected but because numbers are not as high, the same attention is not paid to them”.Dell is to transfer its Limerick operation to Lodz in Poland over the next few months, with production lines gradually closing down.Over the last two years, Polish workers were sent to Raheen to become familiar with the operation here and have since transferred back home.The Lodz plant is believed to be twice that of the Raheen facility.The task force, set up by the Government, is headed by Denis Brosnan, former head of the Kerry Group.It could be some time yet before their report is submitted. Linkedin NewsLocal NewsAnother 400 jobs losses at DellBy admin – May 26, 2009 612 Print Facebook
Sign up for our COVID-19 newsletter to stay up-to-date on the latest coronavirus news throughout New York It’s official: fans of HBO’s exclusive content are no longer required to have a cable subscription to get access to the network’s desired catalogue of shows, movies and documentaries.That’s because HBO on Tuesday announced that it’s official streaming service, HBO Now, has gone live. The service’s debut comes just days before the much-anticipated return of the fantasy epic Game of Thrones and half-hour comedy Veep, both of which return on Sunday. But the service isn’t yet available to anyone with an Internet connection.Only Apple TV owners and Cablevision’s Optimum Online subscribers can access HBO’s new streaming service. Cablevision is the only major cable operator and Internet service provider in the nation that struck a deal with HBO to stream HBO Now. HBO is owned by Time Warner.Season 5 of HBO’s hit fantasy epic Game of Thrones will air Sunday, April 12. (Photo: HBO/Game of Thrones)The network’s standalone streaming service is in response to a new wave of so-called cord cutters—a growing segment of content consumers who favor Internet-only services such as Netflix and Hulu over exorbitantly priced cable TV packages which typically include scores of channels that subscribers pay for but rarely watch, if ever.Historically, HBO was offered solely at an additional monthly fee through cable operators.HBO Now, like HBO Go (an Internet service available to HBO’s cable subscribers), offers complete seasons of shows and an impressive library of movies and documentaries that have previously aired on HBO. A monthly subscription is priced at $14.99. HBO is currently offering a 30-day free trial for HBO Now.HBO Now is currently being offered to Apple TV owners and Optimum Online subscribers. (Credit: Screenshot/HBO Now)Of course, the one drawback is HBO Now subscribers won’t have the opportunity to watch a show like Game of Thrones live, but the network promises live programming will be “added as quickly as possible, usually within hours of broadcast.”Viewing habits have changed considerably thanks to a plethora of streaming services, “on demand” options and with the ability to record live programming on digital video recorders (DVRs) or devices like TiVo. The one outlier, however, is live sports, which fans prefer to watch as its happening and often draws the highest ratings.Other networks are also getting into the streaming business. CBS has its own service called CBS All Access, which costs $5.99-per-month and Direct TV offers Sling, which starts at $20/month and includes popular channels like ESPN, AMC, TNT and Food Network.
4:00 A.M. UPDATE: DEPOSIT (WBNG) — According to 511 NY The roadway has since reopened. The section of Route 8 in Deposit between State Highway 20 and Michigan Hollow Road is still closed to traffic as of late Wednesday evening. 12 News has a crew on the way to the scene. —– DEPOSIT (WBNG) — New York State Police say the incident along Route 8 in Deposit has been resolved, yet portion of road remains closed. This is a developing story. Stay with 12 News for updates. —– DEPOSIT (WBNG) — The New York State Police Department says Route 8 between State Highway 20 and Michigan Hollow Road is closed to traffic for an “active police investigation.” State Police say to “avoid the area.” Police could not confirm more details with 12 News. 10:40 P.M. UPDATE: New York State Police closed off a section of Route 8 for hours Wednesday evening, but would not explain what was happening. Shortly after 10 p.m., authorities stated there is no threat to the public.