LATEST RUGBY WORLD MAGAZINE SUBSCRIPTION DEALS Will he stay, will he go? Sam Burgess in action for Bath. Photo: Getty images Ford says Burgess will continue to play rugby union amid talks that he is considering a return to play for his former rugby league side South Sydney Rabbitohs He added that Burgess still harbours aspirations to partake in next year’s Six Nations Championship.Ford added: “Everything we have spoken about has been about his future and playing well for Bath and potentially getting him to play for England in the Six Nations – or, if not, at the end of the season on tour to Australia.”For the latest Rugby World subscription offers, click here. Bath coach Mike Ford has again insisted that England centre Sam Burgess will stay at Bath and will not make a return back to rugby league. Rumours have been rife in Australia that he is going to return to South Sydney Rabbitohs.Burgess was controversially picked for England’s World Cup campaign but was given time off by Ford when he reported back to training. Stuart Lancaster picked him in midfield ahead of international centre Luther Burrell despite Burgess playing as a as a blindside flanker for Bath.Ford told the BBC: “Last week Sam came back into training because initially that’s what he wanted, but then he did and he didn’t quite feel right.“We decided to give him time off there and then, which means that he’s gone away to get refreshed and will be back in training on November 2.Family affair: Sam Burgess’ family are all based in Sydney“There are no dramas here. Everyone has put two and two together, seen him sitting next to [England rugby league coach] Steve McNamara watching his brother play rugby league.”Burgess signed a three-year contract with Bath, which runs until June 2017, and Ford fully expects Burgess to honour that agreement.Ford said: “I’ve spoken to Sam many times and we’ve spoken about coming back to Bath, rolling his sleeves up and playing [at number] six for us.”
As Saint Mary’s students settle into the first semester of the 2018-19 academic year, high school students begin the admissions process for colleges and universities around the country. Generally, applications require a transcript, essay and ACT or SAT test score. This year Saint Mary’s is adapting its application process, according to its website, to “engage all students, no matter their background.”“Saint Mary’s has been studying the issue for over 10 years,” director of admission Sarah Dvorak said. “For us, the greatest predictor of success at the College is the high school GPA combined with the strength of the coursework and not the standardized test results. In addition, there is an abundance of data out there that clearly demonstrate the tests have a much more adverse impact on women, and students from underrepresented populations and lower socioeconomic backgrounds. This is in direct conflict with our mission as a College. Now we can add that we recognize there are outstanding, academically-prepared students, who did not do well on a test on Saturday morning, but we believe they can, too, flourish at Saint Mary’s.”The College’s mission statement defines the values of students and faculty. Dvorak said they strive to make a difference in the world, regardless of their background or socioeconomic status.“There are more than 1,000 colleges and universities in the U.S., including top-tier institutions, who have chosen not to require standardized test scores for admission,” vice president of enrollment management Mona Bowe said. “I believe that elevates Saint Mary’s to being recognized as one that can break with tradition if it provides access to a superb education to talented students, who for whatever reason, did not test well. It speaks to our willingness to take a stand if it means more students can benefit from the opportunity now available to them.”First year McKenzie Looney said she would have been interested in the change to the application process as a high school senior.“I think this would have helped me because personally I am not a great test-taker,” Looney said. “I feel that standardized tests have shown that they can not properly gage someone’s actual intellect. This makes Saint Mary’s different because I think they have realized that there is more to a person than one standardized test. People can help contribute to a college without being great at answering a bunch of questions in four hours.”The admission team brought the proposal of changing the application process to the Admission and Scholarship committee. The decision was made by both the committee and council together after viewing supporting data. Now applicants who choose to not include a test score will have to have a GPA between a 3.2 and 4.0, submit an academic writing sample and attach a letter of recommendation from a high school teacher of their sophomore through senior years, according to the admission website.“Admission to Saint Mary’s is a holistic process,” Bowe said. “A process that considers a number of factors in the admission decision. When a student is denied admission to the College, the decision is not based on a single factor. The process will remain the same, and all other factors will be considered when admitting students who choose not to provide their scores.”Tags: Saint Mary’s Admissions, test optional
There is also a classic wraparound veranda, a leafy fully fenced backyard, two car accommodation and a massive storage area on the ground floor. Inside, all four bedrooms open onto the veranda, and the master bedroom also has a stunning box bay window.A wide hallway with timber-panelled walls, picture rails and decorative ceilings leads from the veranda, past the bedrooms and in to the living room, which has a box bay window plus exposed timber beams, timber floors and a chandelier. Video Player is loading.Play VideoPlayNext playlist itemMuteCurrent Time 0:00/Duration 1:44Loaded: 0%Stream Type LIVESeek to live, currently playing liveLIVERemaining Time -1:44 Playback Rate1xChaptersChaptersDescriptionsdescriptions off, selectedCaptionscaptions settings, opens captions settings dialogcaptions off, selectedQuality Levels720p720pHD540p540p288p288p180p180pAutoA, selectedAudio Tracken (Main), selectedFullscreenThis is a modal window.Beginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.TextColorWhiteBlackRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentTransparentWindowColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyTransparentSemi-TransparentOpaqueFont Size50%75%100%125%150%175%200%300%400%Text Edge StyleNoneRaisedDepressedUniformDropshadowFont FamilyProportional Sans-SerifMonospace Sans-SerifProportional SerifMonospace SerifCasualScriptSmall CapsReset restore all settings to the default valuesDoneClose Modal DialogEnd of dialog window.This is a modal window. This modal can be closed by pressing the Escape key or activating the close button.Close Modal DialogThis is a modal window. This modal can be closed by pressing the Escape key or activating the close button.PlayMuteCurrent Time 0:00/Duration 0:00Loaded: 0%Stream Type LIVESeek to live, currently playing liveLIVERemaining Time -0:00 Playback Rate1xFullscreenHow to bid at auction for your dream home? 01:45High-profile medico and TV doctor Gino Pecoraro is selling his New Farm investment property, with the character house expected to draw a huge crowd at auction this weekend.Dr Pecoraro is the chair of the powerful lobby group, the Australian Medical Association, and is a well-known obstetrician and gynaecologist in Brisbane.He is also a regular on morning television. Dr Gino Pecoraro at his Brisbane practice. Glenn Hunt/The AustralianProperty records show he bought 14 Hickey St in New Farm for $345,000 back in 1997. But it is expected to fetch far more when it goes under the hammer on Saturday, with the median house price for New Farm now $1,622,500. Dr Pecoraro said they bought the house soon after getting married, and had planned to renovate it and make it their own family home.“But life got in the way,” he said. “We are in another house in New Farm and had this one rented.“It is a beautiful house and has been around forever. It will make a beautiful family home.”More from newsParks and wildlife the new lust-haves post coronavirus11 hours agoNoosa’s best beachfront penthouse is about to hit the market11 hours agoThe pre-war bungalow Queenslander is largely in its original condition, and has a raft of classical features including French doors, Art Deco stained art glass windows and doors, VJ external walls and ceilings, timber floors, exposed coffered ceilings with picture rails and double height ceilings. It has four bedrooms and three multipurpose rooms and is just a short stroll from New Farm Park and Merthyr Village. The property is listed with Place Bulimba agent Carla Haddan.Ms Haddan said there had been “consistent inquiries” about the property, particularly from families looking to renovate it and turn it in to a home. “It is in great condition and in a great location,” she said. “It just needs someone to come and love it … I can’t wait to see what it looks like renovated.”The property will go to auction at 3pm Saturday. Dr Pecoraro said he hoped the property would go to a family who could turn it in to their own dream home. “Renovating is a labour of love and we are looking to downsize now, not taking on such a big project,” he said.“It has really good bones and the basics are there to turn it in to something special.” There is also a separate dining room and the nearby kitchen features a bank of timber cabinetry with leaded windows and space for casual dining.Outside there is a paved patio and room for a pool. The house at New FarmThat is double what the median house price was in 2009 when it was $850,000, with records showing that houses, on average, double in value every decade in the sought-after suburb. And at 620sq m, the land alone could be worth in excess of a cool million.
Guevarra added he advised Cuneta that the identity of the person who posted an offending message to Frankie and his location should be clearly established first before she could file a complaint. “I. WILL. FIND. YOU. YOU FACE ME, YOU COWARD. DUWAG. TANDAAN MO KUNG SINO AKO. NANAY NI KC, FRANKIE, MIEL, AT MIGUEL. YOU CROSSED THE LINE,” Cuneta wrote on her social media accounts. Alcos, commenting on the statements of Frankie in a Facebook page, said that “pasalamat ka iha, kung ang edad ko ay 12 yrs. magtago ka na sa tatay mong senador Kiko matsing dahil hahanapin kita para gahasain. Tapos sisihin mo tatay mo dahil hindi ako makukulong.”/PN MANILA – The Department of Justice (DOJ) is set to verify the identity of the person who threatened to rape the daughter of Sen. Francis “Kiko” Pangilinan, Frankie. DOJ secretary Menardo Guevarra said Frankie’s mother, award-winning actress Sharon Cuneta, have reached out to him over the weekend and is determined to file a criminal complaint against the person. Cuneta went ballistic at social media over the weekend as she defended her daughter against a certain Sonny Alcos, who supposedly said that he would find Frankie and rape her. “GOD HELP ME AND THE LAW! GOD HELP YOU WHEN I FIND YOU. HINDI KITA PATATAHIMIKIN. TANDAAN MO ITO: AKO AY ANAK NI PABLO P. CUNETA. MALI ANG BINANGGA MO, DEMONYO KA,” she added. “[But] it appears that Sharon, through her own efforts, has identified the person concerned, including his location and the name and address of his employer,” Guevarra said. Frankie has been vocal against “rape culture,” saying a person’s attire is not an invitation to rape. She even had an argument with TV and radio personality Ben Tulfo for her stand. “Should Ms. Cuneta proceed to file a criminal complaint with the DOJ, we shall verify the respondent’s identity and address for the purpose of giving him notice,” the Justice secretary added.