Batesville’s Blaine Timonera In College Fishing Tourney

first_imgFLW College Fishing is headed to Kentucky Lake June 13 for the second of three regular-season stops in the Central Conference. A full field of college teams will be competing for a top award of $2,000 and a berth in the Central Conference Championship tournament.Batesville’s Blaine Timonera will be teaming up with Andrew Feutz of Eminence to represent Indiana State University.Batesville’s Blaine Timonera In College Fishing TourneyCourtesy of FLW’s Brian Johnson.last_img

Clough delivers at Dawson County

first_imgBattling for the lead was Brandon Clough (left) as David Murray Jr. attempts to slide past during IMCA Modified action Sunday at Dawson County Raceway. (Photo by Kelly Ninas)LEXINGTON, Neb. (June 24) – Lining up on the outside of the front row was the launching pad Brandon Clough used to run away and hide from the rest of the IMCA Modified field Sunday at Dawson County Raceway.Clough rode the cushion and built up a comfortable lead during the non-stop action. Anthony Roth was second and David Murray Jr. third.Mike Nichols scored another IMCA Sunoco Stock Car victory and Jacob Olmstead collected his third straight feature win in the Karl Chevrolet Northern SportMod division.Luke Wassom raced from fourth row starting to finish first in the IMCA Sunoco Hobby Stock headliner.last_img

Trump Tells DeSantis: TX Migrants Will NOT Be Sent To Florida

first_imgThe illegal immigrant Hokey-Pokey dance appears to be put on hold for the state of Florida according to the Governor, “for now.”The U.S. Customs and Border Patrol (CBP) just announced that Texas migrants will not be flown in to Florida by the planeloads after all.A spokeswoman for Florida Governor Ron DeSantis said Saturday that federal authorities will not be sending the immigrants as previously thought.Local officials in two Democratic counties said they were told by federal officials on Thursday to expect two planeloads of undocumented immigrants to arrive each week.Now a spokeswoman for the Republican governor says DeSantis and Trump talked Saturday afternoon, and that Trump told the governor that there are no plans to send immigrants to Florida, and that he had not authorized such a plan.last_img read more

ACC commissioner Swofford excited for Syracuse’s conference debut

first_imgAtlantic Coast Conference commissioner John Swofford addressed the media before Syracuse’s 3:30 p.m. ACC debut against No. 3 Clemson on Saturday. Swofford said he was excited about watching football in the Carrier Dome, and finally watching the Orange compete in its new conference.“I feel like in a lot of ways Syracuse has been in our league for over a year,” Swofford said.Swofford said he’s been in regular contact with Syracuse football head coach Scott Shafer, men’s basketball head coach Jim Boeheim, athletic director Daryl Gross and chancellor Nancy Cantor. He also met with chancellor to-be Kent Syverud on Saturday morning.As the athletic director at North Carolina from 1980-97, Swofford said he always enjoyed coming to watch the Tar Heels compete at the Carrier Dome in both football and basketball. Now a venue in his conference, Swofford thinks other ACC teams will be excited to visit the Dome.“I think any time you have something that’s unique like this within a league, it’s a plus,” Swofford said. “It’s something for the other schools to experience.AdvertisementThis is placeholder text“… I think that Syracuse being in the ACC is going to be a terrific thing for both of us, and that’s what it should be. It’s a plus for the Atlantic Coast Conference and it’s a plus for Syracuse.” Comments Published on October 5, 2013 at 3:10 pm Contact Stephen: sebail01@syr.edu | @Stephen_Bailey1 Facebook Twitter Google+last_img read more

Local soccer fixtures

first_imgIn the Munster Junior Cup Thurles Town face Broadford of Limerick and Peake Villa go up against Nenagh Celtic in Loughtagalla, Thurles.The winners of these two games will play in the last 16 on the weekend of Feb 11th.Both games get going at 2pm. Photo © Pixabaylast_img

Buzz Bingo to close 26 UK venues placing 570 jobs at risk

first_imgShare StumbleUpon Bookies Corner: Trump Presidency sinks as US 2020 enters its 100 day countdown July 29, 2020 Share Submit FSB selects Glenn Elliott as new COO August 12, 2020 Buzz Bingo has revealed plans to close 26 of its UK venues in a move that will place 570 employees at risk of losing their jobs. The UK’s largest bingo hall operator stated that it had undertaken the drastic actions to ‘protect the future of its business’ as it seeks to mitigate pandemic circumstances affecting the entire leisure and hospitality sectors.The planned closures will see Buzz Bingo reduce its estate capacity to 91 venues. The bingo operator will begin the staggered reopening of its venues from 6 August, initially reopening 12 bingo halls. Buzz Bingo listed the following 26 sites as closing: Chatham, Salford, Salisbury, Banbury, Boston, Bournemouth, Bridlington, Carlisle, Chorley, Cramlington, Derby Foresters, Edinburgh Westerhailes, Harpurhey, Hereford, Kilmarnock, Milton Keynes, Oxford, Stockland Green, Tamworth, Wednesbury, Weymouth, Wigan, Wolverhampton, Worcester and Wythenshawe.Chief Executive Chris Matthews issued a personal statement to affected employees: “We know how disappointing this news will be – especially for those of our customers who are losing their local club, and of course, our colleagues – we know that we are more than just a club, we are part of your community, and for that, I am really sorry.” Buzz Bingo is the rebranded entity of Gala Bingo, formerly a property of Gala Coral who sold the business to FTSE fund Caledonia Investments in 2015 for £240 million, fulfilling a deal requirement ahead of Gala Coral’s merger with Ladbrokes Plc.Operating as Gala Leisure, in 2018 the Buzz Bingo brand was launched as part of a company-wide £40 million restructuring of venues and overhaul of marketing. GVC absorbs retail shocks as business recalibrates for critical H2 trading August 13, 2020 Related Articleslast_img read more

Liberty coach labels Kotoko defeat as one of the worst games in his career

first_imgLiberty Professionals coach George Lamptey labeled his side’s 3-1 defeat at Asante Kotoko as one of the worst games in his career.The Dansoman side took an early lead through Latif Blessing but were pegged back by an own goal.Dauda Mohammed got the second for the Porcupines before Amos Frimpong rounded off the victory from the spot.The way and manner of the defeat has left Lamptey fuming as he believes the defeat could easily pass as one of the worst games of his career.“Today’s game was one of the worst games in my career, right from the referee’s whistle things didn’t go well,” he said in a post-match conference.”Disappointing. How can you surrender a 1-0 lead and lost 3-1. Terrible!” Liberty lie 7th on the log with 10 points.  –Follow Joy Sports on Twitter: @JoySportsGH. Our hashtag is #JoySportslast_img read more

NBA plans 22-team return July 31 in Orlando, per report

first_imgIn April, Clippers coach Doc Rivers also talked about how hungry his squad — which had won nine of its previous 10 games — was to get going again.“Our guys could feel it, we started understanding each other, we started down the stretch of games, we were playing seamlessly through Kawhi (Leonard) and PG (Paul George), it wasn’t forced anymore. Guys weren’t trying to stay out of each other’s way … I really thought we were about to make a crazy run down the stretch and unfortunately, bam, it stopped.” Reported to be joining the 16 current playoff teams in Orlando: New Orleans, Portland, Phoenix, Sacramento and San Antonio in the West and Washington in the East.According to Wojnarowski, the expectation is that the NBA Draft and the start of free agency would follow in sequential order in October.When the NBA season was suspended March 11, the Lakers (49-14) were leading the Western Conference and the Clippers (44-20) were in second place.In April, LeBron James said he hoped the Lakers would be able to finish the season that had already proved both challenging and rewarding.“I don’t think I’d be able to have any closure if we do not have an opportunity to finish this season,” James said. “I will have some satisfaction on just being with my brothers … some of the games that we lost, some of the games that we won, some of the games that we overcame and then everything that we’ve been going through this season, the ups and downs, not only on the floor, but off the floor.” Photos: Lakers defeat Trail Blazers in Game 4 of first-round playoff series Newsroom GuidelinesNews TipsContact UsReport an Error Related Articles On Mamba Night, the Lakers make short work of Blazers to take 3-1 series lead center_img Video: What LeBron James said about Jacob Blake … ‘Black people in America are scared’ The NBA has its plan to bounce back.According to ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski, the league intends to have 22 teams resume play starting July 31 in Orlando. The NBA’s Board of Governors has a call Thursday morning to ratify the plan.Each of the 22 teams — 13 from the Western Conference and nine from the Eastern Conference — reportedly will play eight regular season games in Orlando for playoff seeding purposes, with a play-in format that requires a double-elimination format for the 8th seed and a single-elimination for the 9th seed. (If the 9th seed is more than four games behind the 8th, No. 8 reportedly will make playoffs; if it’s fewer than four games back, there will be a play-in tournament.)The proposed timeline for teams reportedly will establish Oct. 12 as the last possible date for an NBA Finals Game 7. Chris Paul, Russell Westbrook and other NBA stars pay tribute to Kobe Bryant For Lakers’ LeBron James, Jacob Blake’s shooting is bigger issue than a big Game 4 victory last_img read more

LA Dodgers fall to Pirates again; magic number still seven

first_imgThe Dodgers still lead the Giants by 7 1/2 games with 14 to play, but the sun-soaked crowd of 47,483 endured 97-degree heat and the Dodgers’ second straight loss to the Pirates.Although it is nearly a foregone conclusion the Dodgers will make the playoffs — though there is no guarantee of home-field advantage — there were a couple of alarming trends.Red flag No. 1: If the Dodgers are going to succeed in the playoffs, they must find a way to overcome the kind of pitching they saw Sunday from the Pirates’ Garrit Cole, a former UCLA star who struck out nine in seven innings of work.The Dodgers did manufacture some runs off Cole. Andre Ethier had a two-out RBI single in the first inning following Carl Crawford’s 122nd career triple (most among active players). Alex Guerrero squirted an RBI single in the second inning, and Van Slyke bombed a solo homer over the center-field wall in the seventh in his first game since coming back from a hand injury Sept. 15.But it was not enough to overcome Bolsinger’s so-so performance.The Dodgers also tiptoed quietly in the eighth and ninth innings against the Pirates’ bullpen, being retired in order by Tony Watson and Mark Melancon. That is not a good omen against playoff teams with lockdown bullpens.It followed a commanding performance from Pittsburgh starter Francisco Liriano on Saturday.Red flag No. 2: The Dodgers continued their trend of sub-par play against playoff-bound teams. By winning Sunday, the Pirates won five of six from the Dodgers in the season series.Worse yet, the Dodgers fell to 10-18 against the other NL playoff-bound teams for a paltry .357 winning percentage, a record that improves just slightly to 16-25 (.390 percentage) if one throws in the American League playoff teams the Dodgers have faced.“The most important thing is coming back tomorrow against the D’backs,” Ethier said. “We know where we are at, but if you are looking too far ahead, that gets you into trouble.”The silver lining: There were some positives from the Dodgers to take from Sunday’s game.Corey Seager hit a third-inning double and has hit safely in 13 of his 16 games while batting .379 (22 for 58). Seager also made several stellar plays in the field, including snaring a line drive to start a 6-4-3 double play in the third inning and turning a nifty 4-6-3 double play from Chase Utley in the ninth.Utley came up with his own web gem to end the sixth inning, making a diving stop up the middle and throwing from his knees to rob a decent-hitting Cole of a hit.The much-maligned Dodgers bullpen also put up zeroes as Dodgers manager Don Mattingly “only” used five relievers to piecemeal Bolsinger’s outing. Yimi Garcia (2/3 of an inning), Carlos Frias (two innings in his first appearance since June 30), Jim Johnson, J.P. Howell and Juan Nicasio combined for 4 2/3 scoreless innings of relief. September has not been kind to Bolsinger, who gave up two more booming homers in a 4-3 loss Sunday afternoon to the Pittsburgh Pirates.Bolsinger has allowed four homers in 13 innings since being recalled Sept. 1 after giving up just three homers in his first 89 innings over 16 starts. Bolsinger was charged with four runs (three earned) and five hits in 4 1/3 innings, and even he expressed doubt about making the playoff roster if his malaise continues.“My feel is not there,” Bolsinger said. “It hasn’t been there. Before it was consistent and a lot sharper.”VIDEO: Watch Mike Bolsinger’s postgame interviewWith the San Francisco Giants’ 5-1 victory over the Arizona Diamondbacks, the Dodgers’ magic number to clinch the National League West remained at seven games. Newsroom GuidelinesNews TipsContact UsReport an Errorcenter_img The ball lined off Mike Bolsinger’s left wrist and rolled toward the first-base line.Bolsinger made a quick recovery and pounced on the ball but made a wild underhand throw past the first-base bag. First baseman Scott Van Slyke retrieved the ball and fired toward the plate but air-mailed it into the stands allowing the run to score.“I was a little discombobulated,” Bolsinger admitted. “Everything happened so quick. I probably should’ve just eaten it.”Welcome to September baseball, the time of year for sloppy play, expanded rosters and countless pitching changes and defensive substitutions.last_img read more

12311