Early morning fire in Flamborough causes 50K in damages

concsmav

Spontaneous combustion was the cause of an early morning shed fire inFlamborough, Saturday morning.Hamilton fire fighters were called to 2120 Concession 10 West at Cooper Road and Clyde Road just before 5 a.m.When they arrived a 50 by 50 foot storage shed made of wood and metal was fully engulfed in flames and later collapsed.  It took fire crews several hours to put out the fire.According to Hamilton fire spokesperson Claudio Mostacci, the building was used to store “non-hazardous waste products” such as oils, food and grease before being taken to a nearby anaerobic digestor. The materials are used to generate methane gas for electricity consumption.At the time of the fire there were 20-tonnes of potatoes and coffee grounds being stored inside the outbuilding that was destroyed.Mostacci said the damage is estimated to be about 50-thousand dollars.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *